Friday, June 18, 2010

the 13th birthday

Well the day finally arrived!  My first born turned 13!  A day that I never thought would arrive so quickly.  I'm still amazed that 13 years could possibly pass that fast!  So for Keara's birthday she wanted her closest friends in the world to stay the night... Cassie, Cami and Kiley.  The 4 of them are very close.  Cassie is Keara's age.  Cami is Cassie's little sister.  Anyway, the girls spent the night the night before Keara's birthday, this way they could be there for her exactly when it turned midnight and be able to wake up with her on her special day.

                                 Keara at midnight!

The girls and I stayed up till 3am talking and sharing old stories.  I LOVE these times with all the girls.  These are times they are going to remember and cherish for a lifetime.  These 4 girls are going to remain friends forever, I just know it.  They have been friends for almost 7 years now.  I can't see this bond fading or stopping anytime soon!  They are all so compatible and truly love each other like sisters.  I love them all like they are my own daughters!  I'm just lucky to have 2 of them all the time! :)

Anyway... This is Keara, her first morning at age 13, a full fledged teenager!!  And what does she do?  Check Facebook!!  lol

The girls finally woke up at 11am and started with the coffee and soda immediately.  (I'd like to say that this NEVER happens!  This is the first time I've let the girls drink coffee!)  This is Cami, being so adult, making herself a cup - HUGE cup of coffee.

The girls really wanted pancakes for breakfast.  On occassion I'll make them something special, like pancakes with Reese's Mini Pieces or chocolate chips.  Keara wanted a Mickey Mouse-inspired pancake.  As you can see... it looks more like a bear! lol

So before we headed out for our little adventure, Kiley finally wanted her La Roux-inspired do.  So Cassie and I took a ton of "hold it! wicked putty styling glue" and lots of "Frozen Stiff" hairspray and put it in Kiley's hair and held a hair dryer up to it forever!!!  And voila!  We now have a little Elly!  (We all LOVE Elly from La Roux!)  So now I have a badass daughter! :)

So my car's battery died and I needed a car that I could fit all the girls in.  So we rented a van (the girls thought that would be cool).

First stop!  WalMart!!  We had to get some window chalk, so we could decorate the car for Keara.  What is a birthday road trip without decorated windows??  :)

Let the decorating begin! 

The 'Birthday Mobile' was decorated and ready to go!  Next stop... Jack in the Box for some hungry girls.



We finally arrive at the mall!  Keara wanted to take her best friends and sister to Build-A-Bear.  So potty break!  I really have no idea why I took this photo in the bathroom, but that's what I do - over document! :)



Keara really didn't have anything on that said "birthday" so I decided to look in Claire's to see if I could find anything.  Normally Keara is way too shy to wear something out of the ordinary, but she was in a great mood!



And here Keara is... all decorated up and ready to start her birthday fun in the mall! 



Animals were purchased and the girls wanted to move on to other stores in the mall.  They always love the escalator!  



More to come later!

No comments: